- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup TMD Cherry Brandy Liqueur
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken or beef broth (depending on the meat)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the pitted cherries, Cherry Brandy Liqueur, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar. Simmer until cherries soften and liquid reduces.
- In a small bowl, mix corn-starch and cold water to create a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the cherry mixture to thicken. Stir until desired thickness.
- Incorporate chicken or beef broth and simmer briefly to meld flavours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the glaze cool for a few minutes.
- Strain the glaze through a fine-mesh sieve to remove cherry solids.
- Drizzle the Cherry Brandy Glaze over your cooked meat. Ideal with pork, duck, or chicken.